Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer may be ending, but my enthusiasm and joy is increasing!


Time for some updating madness!! So I survived my bout of unexplained-insomnia (okay okay I really need to cut off the coffee after 2pm). I worked at my scheduling concern. Apparently my professor is just a bit lazy and is also a fan of the “send to all” button, but whateves school starts in like 4 days!! Yes, I’m the nerd that gets excited about the first day of school. :)

Yesterday I met with my MT to discuss the fall semester—now that starts in a little less than two weeks (Aug 31) and to be honest I am WAY more excited about that than my university classes. I’M GOING TO BE A TEACHER!!! And my MT is so awesome, she doesn’t want to be in the classroom. She wants me to feel like this is MY job. I LOVE it!!! Now here’s for the crazy part…I will be teaching TWO prep’s next semester: 7th AND 8th grade language arts!!! She had to make some scheduling changes and the 8th grade department head agreed to take me on as a student teacher. Which is awesome and scary all at the same time :D I have my pile of textbooks to start going through and prepping and omg this is actually happening!
To top off the awesomeness, last week I went to my first FYA book club! We met at this awesome hotel lobby bar that had delicious drinks and yummy snacks (garlic fries!). We chatted for a good TWO hours about Young Adult literature and why it is changing the world. Haha. I think we spent about 20 minutes on the actually book of choice (Beauty Queens by Libba Bray) and the rest of the time on, “have you read this book?” “You HAVE to read this one—it will change your life.” AND, AND one of the ladies brought FREE BOOKS!!! Yes you heard me right!! I believe they were all from BEA, but she is also blessed to have a lot of literature come through her home on a daily basis and she felt like sharing with us. How awesome is that???
Today I shall be gleeking out with a good friend. Did you know there is a Glee movie? In 3D? !!!!!!!! I shall give a recap when I get home :D

Glee 3D Movie Trailer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment