Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Fresh Start

I love a new school year. This is the time of year that most means renewal to me. Perhaps it is the change in the weather: sharp, crisp air; autumn leaves; the scent of chimney fires. I love the squeak of new shoes. I love when Joe Fox (Tom Hanks/You’ve Got Mail) says this about the fall, “It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” A new school year means new beginnings and chance to achieve once more. New teachers, new students, new subjects, new clothes and new school supplies, it all makes me giddy with anticipation :)

This weekend I reorganized my closet (slacks & skirts on one side, dresses and tops on the other). I vacuumed. I cleared off my desk and set my 7th & 8th grade sections. I washed my sheets and made my bed. My books are alphabetized and my calendar is color-coordinated. It all screams clean and ready to go!

Today I worked on prepping for new school year. I read The First Days of School (well most of it—I’ll read a bit more tomorrow). I started making a list of all my to-do’s before next Wednesday. It keeps growing no matter how much I get done! I have my classroom management/discipline plan mostly done. Honestly I am really anxious for the school year to start. I can’t wait to meet my kids and getting started teaching. I don’t want January to come even though that means I’ll be getting my credential because it also means I won’t be teaching anymore unless I get a job right away.

Until then, I shall enjoy this fresh start of new beginnings :)

033

No comments:

Post a Comment