Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sleep is for the weak…or the sleepy. I would like to be either right now!

Every now and then I am plagued with “insomnia.” I’m not sure if it’s a legit kind or just a I-drank-my-coffee-too-late-in-the-day kind. Probably the latter. But I spent the weekend without my coffee and now I’m a little obsessed and experiencing a need to consume as much of it as possible in case I’m separated from it again.

I’m not really stressing out about anything—aside from potential class registration mishaps. Really that’s more of an irritation. I know nothing’s wrong aside from the fact that someone else thinks that something is wrong so now I have to deal with it. Confusing? Welcome to state schools. Since it’s 2 in the morning and I have nothing better to do, let’s tell the tale shall we?

My university sent a snarky email to my professor who in turn sent a snarky email to me about my class registration for the fall semester. I don’t know if she blind copied my class or just sent it me. Her message was this: register for your fall classes. As if I haven’t already taken care of this. I would like to call SHENANIGANS on my university for their poor attention to me as a student.

I LOVE registering for classes. In the past, as soon as I got my registration date, I inked it into my calendar. I looked forward to the day with joy. I poured over the class schedule (when they still printed it). I made spreadsheets (and I hate excel) about potential schedules. If professors were listed, I would scan professor rating sites to help guide my decisions. When the date and time FINALLY arrived, I sat at my computer hitting refresh until my portal finally opened. Then I gleefully searched and added classes like a kid in a candy store.

This semester was a no different—at least in my attitude. I didn’t get to pick my schedule. It’s determined by the university for all cred students. Our classes are offered at one time with one section. Since there are only 12 students in the English program, it makes complete sense. This time I was also unable to register as soon as my portal opened. I was flying on an airplane. But you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as I touched down (really once I got home) I was logging on to take care of that shizz (and loving it).

This all happened one MONTH ago. It’s on my damn portal that everything is taken care of. And yet I’m still getting emails about my lack of responsibility. Awesome, right?

In other news, I started a new crochet project! I’ve basically been working on it all summer but I recently ripped it out (did I mention I’m a perfectionist?) and started over. I’m making a beautiful shrug (I think that’s the worst name on the planet for an article of clothing) with Homespun Lagoon (also not the best name for a yarn hue). But vocabulary aside, the yarn is a gorgeous shade of blue with hints of purple & brown. The “shrug” will make a great jacket to add to outfits in the fall. Honestly though, once this shrug and my mittens are done, it’s off to Harry Potter land. I REALLY want to make something HP and soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment