Thursday, July 28, 2011

A little divergence…

So I’m not posting about my latest crafting project. This weekend (I’m starting early) I’m tackling a baking project! So before my sister abandoned me to move to Oregon, she had a baking business which means a few things. 1) There were cookies and cupcakes at my house ALL the time. 2) I learned a thing or two about baking although I’m no where near as talented as she is. 3) Six months later and people still try to place orders. For the most part she pulls the “I moved-sorry” card, but this request came from our super sweet neighbors and, well, we couldn’t say no.

So I have been recruited as the baker and I am going to make 2 dozen cookies for a one-year-old birthday party! Luckily, my sister is only a phone call away and she gave me a few tips to make this project a success. The recipe I’m using is called "No Fail Sugar Cookies" which gives me some hope. I can’t mess these up, right?

First tip from ms.-baker-extraordinaire is to make your cookies in “steps” with plenty of time between each one. That’s why I’m starting today and planning to be finished by Saturday evening. Today’s “step” was to make and roll out the dough. I’m housesitting right now and of all the things this house does have—they don’t have a rolling pin. Never fear though! A wine bottle is a quick substitute. Beer bottles work too, but they are shorter and tend to have weird impressions in the glass. I prefer wine.

Tomorrow I will cut out the shapes and bake them and on Saturday I will decorate!  Good luck to me!!!

p.s. This is the shortest time-span between blog posts I’ve ever had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment