Monday, July 25, 2011

Wait, wait, wait. It’s summer already???

Oh my I have not posted in FOREVER. I kind of forgot about the whole blog thing. Does that make me a bad blog poster? I dunno. Anyway, I’ve kind of being crazy busy lately. I was right to say that student teaching would keep me from posting. I didn’t really have all that demanding of a schedule. I taught 3 periods at my junior high and I attended ONE class at CSUF. I know, pretty simple right? You would be amazed by how exhausting that schedule can be! I would come home from class and sometimes I would just pass out for a few hours before rushing off to the next thing. I had other work to keep on top of as well (lesson planning, university homework, TPA’s, etc.) plus other commitments (mostly church) and well suddenly it was summer.

And I still didn’t post! It has actually been an incredibly busy summer. One of my best friends got married- and I got to be in the wedding! It was absolutely beautiful and I loved every second of it. Then I went to Oregon TWICE. I helped out at my church’s VBS and with our summer youth group. I’ve been making dinner for my family once a week and I decided to completely clean out my bedroom (no worries, the yarn stash is safe!)

I think I’ve finally reached a point where I can slow down and enjoy the rest of my summer. I have about five weeks to go before I’m back in the classroom!! Oh I can’t wait.

As for the actual reason I have this blog…my yarn has not seen much TLC from me :( I’ve worked on my gloves. One is done and now I’m starting on the second. I worked on a shawl while I was traveling, but so far I can’t cross anything off my project list yet. And then I went and saw the Harry Potter movie and all I could think about (aside from NO DON’T END YET!!!!!) was ooo can I make that???

I think someone should start a blog/website devoted to all yarn projects that are Harry Potter. Found one! http://hp-knitting.livejournal.com/
I’ve also seen a lot of patterns on ravelry and lionbrand.com that support the HP series. I am a terrible fan and have never made a HP themed project. How sad is that? And my life is going to get terribly busy in the next few weeks, so I need to power through my gloves so I can get started on a HP project. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment