Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well it’s the day after the holiday and I’m officially full of turkey, cornbread stuffing, and caramel pumpkin pie. We have to be fancy here at the Hill house ;) Our meal was amazing and we have enough leftovers to last the rest of the year (not that I’m complaining!)

Yesterday was your typical crazy mess of family drama, lots of food, alcohol, football and picture taking by yours truly :) Some of my favorite moments of the day:

-watching my sister cook, well, anything. That girl is crazy-good in the kitchen and made some of the most amazing parts of our meal (the stuffing, the potatoes, the biscuits, the pumpkin pie, and the chocolate torte.)

-watching my sister & cousin (both went to culinary school) make gravy from scratch because out-of-the-box wasn’t good enough.

-eating (who doesn’t enjoy that part??)

-catching up with family members (especially my cousin that I haven’t seen in over a year!)

-watching Jeff Dunham’s Christmas Special with the family.

-not doing any homework :)

Of course a not so favorite part was taking my sister back to the airport this morning :( I wish she didn’t live so far away!!

Overall, we had a great time visiting and a really fun Thanksgiving and now I can continue to listen to Christmas music without being judged :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of good parts! :-p Thanks for sending your sister back...she and I need to get together soon, lol! Enjoy the Christmas music. We're cranking it pretty loud today! Love you!

    ReplyDelete