Monday, February 13, 2012

processing.

Life is weird sometimes.


It's not easy. Sometimes it just confuses the crap out of me. 


I spent a lot of time this weekend with people that I really care about. It was refreshing to be reminded of all the strong relationships in my life. 


My relationship status changed last week. And not in the squeally-let-me-tell-all-my-friends way. More of the eat-ice-cream-because-calories-don't-count-when-you're-sad way. I guess I'm processing. I'm not sure what to say. 


I'm knitting a scarf with a wave pattern right now. I REALLY like it. I think it will be awesome when I'm done. I've also stared painting/art journaling. It's been a nice creative outlet for me. Sometimes it's good to get messy. 


My other personal project is "power of prayer." I know, cliche title. Whatever. I made myself a prayer journal. I'm writing down ALL my prayers everyday. And I'm committing to pray about them. I'm excited to watch the progress. 


Eh, that's all for now. I miss my kids. And teaching. I subbed last week, but it wasn't the same. It's hard to be jobless. I want to be in the classroom. But this break is also forcing me to look at myself and I think that's a healthy if not necessary part of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment